Around the country, podiatrists everywhere are weighing the pros and cons of finally going digital. Between the changes in medicare reimbursements and the costs associated with fixer, developer and managing a dark room – practices are facing a challenging decision. Spend now or spend later?
While making the switch from traditional x-ray systems to digital x-Ray systems may seem daunting, FOZ Networks has put together a little cheat sheet to help make your decision on whether to transition to a digital x-ray system easier.
- No billing penalty or modifier from CMS
- Instantaneous processing time
- Digital storage and backups
- Automated syncing with your EMR
- No ongoing support fees or license fees
- No developer, fixer or dark room supplies
- Convenience to patients and modern technology appeal
- Up front cost
- License fees or software update fees
- Training for staff
Questions to ask yourself:
- Are you planning to retire in the next 2-3 years?
- How many x-rays do you perform or send out?
- How much do you spend a year on x-ray supplies?
- How much time do you spend developing x-rays?
The answer to this equation is different for everyone, but if you are like most podiatrists in the U.S.m the choice to go digital is ultimately one that will yield an enhanced patient experience and a positive return on investment.
Why choose FOZ Networks for you digital x-ray services? The A2D2 Digital system from FOZ Networks provides the most cost effective, high quality product on the market and support and software fees are free for life. Contact FOZ Networks today or call 248-840-3100 to learn more!